Monday Morning Confessions

Giving my Monday Hair-spiration posts a break because I seriously loved reading Kallie's 10 Monday Morning Confessions post a few weeks back. Like, I loved it so much I read it twice. Maybe three times. Oops. Anyway! I've been wanting to do one of my own, so let's celebrate my office being closed for Columbus Day (wooo!) and get into it. First, here's a photo of some delicious fall treats we got at work last week. YUM. OK! Moving on.



1. I gave myself a haircut last night. In my bathroom. In my pajamas. Not a little bang trim, not some split end help, I gave myself a serious two-inch hair cut. It was badly needed. Don't judge me.

2. I'm nearing the end of my twenties, and I still am not too sure what I want to be when I "grow up". I'm the type of person who is always searching for the next thing. Where do I want to live, what do I want to be doing, let me quickly redo my entire living room, can I have another cat, if so when and how many? You get it. And it's really no different with my career path. Since graduating from college, I have been: a teacher, art historian, interior designer, graphic & web designer, hair stylist, and now I'm working in the beauty industry doing product development! Shit guys, writing that out made me just a little more self conscious about all of that... Anyway, right now I'm working my day-to-day making awesome products for awesome brands, and still doing hair freelance, teaching some styling classes and doing lots of at-home haircuts/color, along with some bridal, and I'm super happy where I'm at. (I felt like that was originally intended to vent and complain, but I basically just solidified the fact that I'm happy and content with what I'm doing. Life is a HUGE rollercoaster, and I need to be OK with where it takes me! Sheesh #biggirlproblems) 

3. I really want to dive into The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing, but I am TERRIFIED. Am I the only one? I really can't be, huh? Sometimes I am totally down with letting it all go, but other times I feel like I'm throwing things away that I've worked so hard for! Maybe I'll get around to it one day. Until then, clutter is eating me alive!

4. I recently caved and did the most basic thing any human can do - I got the rose gold iPhone 6S. And I'm not even sorry about it. UPDATE! I also grabbed my first PSL today. I regret nothing.

5. I am having such a stressful time planning my wedding! I never thought I'd feel this way, and honestly, I usually have all this planning stuff together like a boss. I swear. For some reason (maybe because it's literally one of the craziest, most important days of my life?) wedding planning is driving me bonkers. At least Mike is keeping me grounded. MUST. STAY. POSITIVE.


There you have it folks. Five things you'd never guess you'd want to know about me. Now excuse me while I go plan my next big career move and declutter my bookshelf.

No comments

Ad Sense